Courses and training
FIN-CLARIN offers several methodological courses online every year. The courses are designed especially for graduate and postgraduate students in Humanities, Social Sciences and Behavioural Sciences who use research materials or corpora containing text or speech.
Students from all Finnish universities can participate for free. If space allows, participants can also be accepted from universities outside Finland. The courses are offered via the Moodle learning environment of the University of Helsinki. It is possible to log in directly with the user credentials of any member organization of the Haka and eduGAIN networks. (Temporary user accounts are available for course participation upon timely request from the teacher.)
Courses by FIN-CLARIN (2019-2020)
- KIK-404. Corpus Linguistics and Statistical Methods – Korpuslingvistiikka ja tilastolliset menetelmät (5 ECTS), online course 2.9. – 20.10.2019 (in Finnish) and 13.1. – 1.3.2020 (in Finnish and in English)
- In the spring term, there will be alternative study groups in English and Finnish.
- KIK-LG212. Puheen analyysin perusteet (Introduction to Speech Analysis, 5 ECTS), online course 28.10. – 15.12.2019 (in Finnish)
- (In autumn 2020, this course may possibly be available in English, but this remains to be confirmed.)
- LDA-T3110. Data Clinic / Aineistoklinikka (5 ECTS), online course, November 2019 – April 2019, materials available in English.
NB: This course has been previously organized under the name Corpus Clinic.
Courses organized by other organizations collaborating with FIN-CLARIN